My eyes are bloodshot, my caffeine receptors are full, and my Scrivener project is bursting at the seams.

Most importantly, though, my trigger finger is itchy.

It’s aching to click a Submit button that does not exist … yet.

It’s dying to go back and start knocking out all those TKs that have become by best buds these last three weeks. It wants to flout the rules of writing engagement and say to heck with the pull-back, let’s edit NOW.

Yes, my trigger finger is jonesing for more NaNoWriMo madness because it and its nine brothers juked past old writer’s block and through the legs of inertia this morning on the way to 50,000 words.

So now I’m exhausted but wired. And there’s nowhere to go with it until tomorrow, when I can officially “win.”

Until then, my finger and I will be writing … something … nervously.

And waiting.

Happy NaNoWriMoing!

Daily Word Count: 3500

Overall Word Count: 51500

Daily Excerpt (raw)

In that instance, Stinson explained, the woman involved was found unconscious in her bed one morning by her husband, and he assumed she was dead. The village doctor confirmed that opinion, and the woman was sent to the morgue, where she was to be cremated TK. Just as he was about to slide the “dead body” into the flame, the morgue worker noticed that the woman was bleeding. It was not unusual for bodies to get nicked up on their way into the fire since it was usually a one-man job, but, with no pressure in their veins, most bodies bled very little. This particular body, though, had bled enough from a lacerated finger to leave a pool of blood on the platform that glistened in the flame.

The morgue employee called out to his supervisor, who then called a doctor, who performed a more thorough exam and determined that the woman was NOT dead but was in a state of heavy sedation of hibernation. The men called the police, who suspected the woman had been poisoned. They took her to a local hospital for treatment and then found the woman’s husband an arrested him.

The woman languished for months, unresponsive to both medical treatment and human interaction. Then one morning, some six months after she fell asleep, she awoke. Within a week, she was able to go home, and police eventually dropped charges against her husband when they were unable to find any evidence against him. The town went about its business and largely forgot about the hibernating woman until her husband showed up the at the hospital three months later with his wife, who was again unresponsive.

This time, she was out for nine months, again waking on her own and remaining coherent for another three months. The yearly cycle repeated itself until 1967, when the woman’s husband died and she moved from the village. Her physician during that decade had recorded detailed notes, which were published in a medical journal during the early 1970s, but he lost track of her after she moved and was never able to find her again.

Want More? 

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this post.  Sign up below to read my FREE stories and to receive occasional free literary goodies.



Thank you for signing up! Please check your email for instructions about how to confirm your subscription. -- Adam